Accreditation / professional bodies
- I am accredited as a therapist with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- I am on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- I am committed to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- I hold Professional Liability insurance
Main counselling qualifications
- Diploma in Counselling Studies (Distinction) University of Wales 1993
- MSc in Counselling (Supervision & Training) (Commendation), University of Bristol 2001
- Doctor of Education (Narrative & Life Story Research) University of Bristol 2013
I have also undertaken a wide variety of shorter courses over the years, including solution focused brief therapy training, CBT for depression, Gestalt and 60 hours of mindfulness training (MBSR & MBCT level 1 & level 2), and Emotion Focused Psychotherapy (level 1 Training - 26 hours). I regularly attend and present my research at the BACP Research conference.
Before training as a counsellor, I was a social worker, working with young people in care. I have worked as a counsellor since 1992: in the voluntary sector, in private practice and as a primary care counsellor for twelve years in three different GP practices, and in a counselling research clinic.
I have been a Senior Lecturer in Counselling at the University of South Wales (formerly University of Wales, Newport) for 20 years, teaching counselling and consultative supervision. You can find out more information about my work at the University and my research by clicking here.